    I am trying to run:
    NET USE LPT1 \\serverip\printername
    but it's not going. Program just stays on that line.

    Mark Goldin, Sep 25, 2009

  2. Mark Goldin

    Bob Barrows Guest

    In an ASP page??

    Bob Barrows, Sep 26, 2009

  3. Mark Goldin

    markgoldin Guest

    Yes.

    markgoldin, Sep 27, 2009
  4. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "markgoldin" <markgoldin_2000
    @yahoo.com> writing in :

    Please don't top post. Also remove signatures. See reply below.
    Okay, I gotta ask, why are you trying to do this on the server? Maybe if
    you told us your real intention we could be of more help to you.

    Adrienne Boswell, Sep 27, 2009
  5. Mark Goldin

    Evertjan. Guest

    Adrienne Boswell wrote on 28 sep 2009 in
    In ASP, programmes do not "stay on a line".

    They either go on or freak [= error or time-] out.

    Evertjan., Sep 28, 2009
  6. Mark Goldin

    Bob Barrows Guest

    As Evertjian says, in ASP a program doesn't just "stay" on a line. An
    error message will be raised: whether it's the error from the line of
    code, or a script-timeout error, an error will be raised.

    I don't understand why a printer needs to be established on the web
    server. Are you trying to have something printed via your server-side
    code? It's not something I've ever contemplated doing, and I'me not
    really sure it is possible. I think the first thing to establish is
    whether the IUSR_Machinename account has authority to run a NET USE
    statement. Also, the IUSR account would require permission to access
    \\serverip\printername

    Bob Barrows, Sep 28, 2009