Run Time Problem

stefano mostarda

Hi there,

I have a problem.

I have a property "prop1" in my custom control. When I change this property
automatically I change the value of another property "prop2".
Than I change the value of "prop2" to whatever I want.
The problem is that at run-time the set method of the "prop1" is
automatically called and it overrides the value of "prop2" depending on the
"prop1" value.

Is there a way to determine if the value is beeing changed at run-time or
design-time?

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance
Stefano Mostarda
Rome Italy

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Stefano,

If you want to determine if you are in the runtime environment or the
design-time environment, you can check the HttpApplication.Context
property. It will be null if you are in design-time.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
Developer Support
ASP.NET
(e-mail address removed)

--------------------

stefano mostarda

Thanks a lot Jim.

From: "stefano mostarda" <[email protected]>
Subject: Run Time Problem
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:51:53 +0200
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols

Hi there,

I have a problem.

I have a property "prop1" in my custom control. When I change this property
automatically I change the value of another property "prop2".
Than I change the value of "prop2" to whatever I want.
The problem is that at run-time the set method of the "prop1" is
automatically called and it overrides the value of "prop2" depending on the
"prop1" value.

Is there a way to determine if the value is beeing changed at run-time or
design-time?

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance
Stefano Mostarda