Running ASP.net 2.0 on a sharred hosting account?

David

I am writing a small ASP.net 2.0 that will run on a shared hosting
account which supports the 1.1 and 2.0 runtimes. The site's control
panel does not allow specific selection of which version to use.

I uploaded a small test app, and I go the message:

Runtime Error
custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the
application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons).
It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server
machine

I have the <customErrors mode="Off"/> set in the Web.Config file, but
the system appears to ignore this and continues to display the
message!

Do I need to specify the use of 2.x in the config file?

Eg. I am confused if this my issue or an issue with the hosting
company.

Anand N [MVP]

If you have uploaded the files for ASP.NET 2.0 then ask your provider to
modify the version from the IIS.

This should fix the problem.

There is no 2.x of web.config file.

--