    C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages like a good little installer?

    Do I need to put a service call in to our admins to do this?

    Thanks.

    timothy.williams, Jun 8, 2005

  2. timothy.williams

    Jesper Olsen Guest

    You can use the --home switch to specify a local directory to install
    in, e.g.:

    % python setup.py install --home=.

    -Jesper

    Jesper Olsen, Jun 8, 2005

  3. I didn't build the installer, someone else did. I did get the source
    and installed cygwin to see if I could recreate it; at least build the
    library, but when I tried to do a build_ext I got a message saying I
    needed to have the .NET SDK installed.

    timothy.williams, Jun 8, 2005
  4. You could at least open the installer exe in winzip or a similar tool,
    and unpack it manually to the site-packages directory.

    Thomas

    PS: I *think* that the distutils from newer Python versions (2.4.1 and
    2.3.5) create installers that can also run without admin rights.

    Thomas Heller, Jun 8, 2005
  5. I found out how to build it with Cygwin

    python setup.py build --compiler=mingw32 bdist

    I can then unzip the zip file it creates and put it in site-packages.

    It looks like I can install a bdist_wininst installer with Python 2.4,
    but not 2.3.5
    (without admin).

    timothy.williams, Jun 9, 2005