install wxPython on windows without admin?

timw.google

The subject line says it all. Is there a way to install wxPython on a
Windows machine without admin privs? I love the way python doesn't
need admin to install locally, and I'd like to try wxPython w/o having
to get our help desk involved.

Do I have to compile it from source with Cygwin?

Thanks.

Steve Holden

timw.google said:
The subject line says it all. Is there a way to install wxPython on a
Windows machine without admin privs? I love the way python doesn't
need admin to install locally, and I'd like to try wxPython w/o having
to get our help desk involved.

Do I have to compile it from source with Cygwin?
Installing wxPython on Cygwin from source is an uphill battle which I
would recommend against, though it's possible it's been done ...

regards
Steve

timw.google

Installing wxPython on Cygwin from source is an uphill battle which I
would recommend against, though it's possible it's been done ...

regards
 Steve

I agree with that. After I posted, I went to install wxPython on my
linux box and ran into trouble with getting wxWidgets installed
because of gtk version issues. I did it before, but since then our OS
has changed from FC3 to CentOS 5 and not everything gets installed
that needs to be. I may try and get back to it when I get the chance,
but for now, it's Tkinter and Pmw.