SAXReaderNotAvailble: No parsers found

josh logan

Vincent Yau said:
You should install Expat before building Python. Best, you edit
Modules/Setup to build pyexpat explicitly.

Regards,
Martin

Fast-forward to 2008

I installed Python 3.0b2 on a Windows Vista laptop (after having
previously installed Python 2.5), and I am getting this same error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Programming\Python\monkeys.py", line 24, in <module>
test_parse(sys.argv[1])
File "Programming\Python\monkeys.py", line 21, in test_parse
xml.sax.parse(f, handler)
File "C:\Python30\lib\xml\sax\__init__.py", line 30, in parse
parser = make_parser()
File "C:\Python30\lib\xml\sax\__init__.py", line 90, in make_parser
raise SAXReaderNotAvailable("No parsers found", None)
xml.sax._exceptions.SAXReaderNotAvailable: No parsers found

I see a pyexpat.lib in the C:\Python30\libs folder.
I also see a pyexpat.pyd in the C:\Python30\DLLs folder.

It works in Python 2.5. I installed Python 3.0b2 as admin.
Does anyone know what is wrong and how to fix it?

josh logan

[...]

Does anyone have an answer for this?

I uninstalled both Python 2.5 and Python 3.0b2 and then re-installed
3.0b2, thinking that the installer was confusing 2.5 and 3.0b2 on
Windows Vista. Still have the same issue.
I had to use my XP machine, since the Vista installation seems broken
for Python 3.0b2. How do I fix this? How do I get Python to notice the
pyexpat.lib in the C:\Python30\DLLs folder in Vista?

Thanks