scan frames of other windows

pmachaty

hi folks,

as i've got some spare time, i started with a pretty interesting
project today.

scenario:

imagine you hang around in chatrooms, but don't want to read
everything. let's say you are interested in reading just those lines,
which contain a specific word or something like this. respective of the
specific word you interrupt for, u might be able to automize any kind
of reply.

so, my task is to write a program, which finds the chat window and
hooks to the main chat window frame and the input_line of the chat. the
main chat window frame should be scanned for any new lines of other
users and pass it to my text parser. moreover, i'd like to be able to
pass messages (or junk of text) to the "edit" or input-line of the chat
client.

k, so... i already managed to find the chat (child) window (easy)...
but ... how can i access the respective frames ?

thx in forward,
peter

deane_gavin

[...]

Since C++ doesn't have any concept of 'chat', 'window' or 'frames',
your question is off-topic for this group.

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

Gavin Deane

BigBrian

Why are so many posts in this newsgroup off topic? There must be a
huge misunderstanding of what the C++ language is.

Marcus Kwok

BigBrian said:
Why are so many posts in this newsgroup off topic? There must be a
huge misunderstanding of what the C++ language is.

It must be that people assume that just because they are *using* C++,
then it must be relevant to this newsgroup.

Someone once made the analogy, that it's like asking about dry-cleaning
in a car newsgroup. People say that dry-cleaning is off-topic in a car
newsgroup, but the poster's logic is akin to, "But I rode in my car to
the dry-cleaner's, therefore it is related to cars and thus on-topic".