Scraping database

Railsfid

Huh?

Mark

Sent from my iPhone

=20
On Oct 22, 2010, at 19:10 , Railsfid wrote:
=20
hanize/blob/master/GUIDE.rdoc) but being a newbie there is a lot I don't und=
erstand. I'm trying to write something that will go out and extract and crea=
te me a database of all the doctors in the US. Has anyone created something l=
ike this or can you point me in the right direction?

Mike Stephens

Mark Christenson wrote in post #956516:
The most likely use of a list of doctors who hadn't provided their
details personally is to contact them uninvited, which is of course
spamming.

Maybe Ryan is a doctor.

Phillip Gawlowski

Mark Christenson wrote in post #956516:
The most likely use of a list of doctors who hadn't provided their
details personally is to contact them uninvited, which is of course
spamming.

Not to mention that none of these doctors agreed to have their data
being used by the OP in the first place (otherwise, scraping wouldn't
be necessary, as he'd have the data already), which is legally
questionable, as well.

--
Phillip Gawlowski

Though the folk I have met,