    number of columns and rows.

    Comments to without the NOSPAM

    I'm interested in how this might be used for your organization

    Gord, May 20, 2004

  2. Gord

    Randy Webb Guest

    Error: firstTd is not defined
    Source File: http://eastontario.com/promo/tableCellMultiplier.htm
    Line: 77

    Which makes it useless to me, my personal organization, and the
    organization that I work for.

    Randy Webb, May 20, 2004

  3. Gord

    Gord Guest

    It works in my version of IE 6.0, but not in my version of Netscape
    7.1
    Can anyone suggest a Netscape fix?
    In my version of Netscape 7.1, the script doesn't even evoke an error
    message (more than a total failure?)
    Is this to be another IE restricted script?
    Are there Netscape compatibility experts out there with nothing better
    to do?

    Gord, May 21, 2004
  4. Gord

    Randy Webb Guest

    My error message was given to me by Mozilla, in the Javascript console.

    Netscape 7:

    Error: firstTd is not defined
    Source File: http://eastontario.com/promo/tableCellMultiplier.htm
    Line: 77

    Same error message.

    Tools>Web Development>Javascript Console
    Will show you the error message.
    See above.
    The way its written, yes. Once you get the firstTD issue resolved, you
    will run into the very next thing on that line, the outerHTML, which is
    IE only.
    You aren't hunting a "Netscape compatibility expert", you are hunting a
    script person who can write solid code that is cross-browser compatible.
    Its not that much more difficult than writing IE-only code, and once you
    start using the cross-browser methods, you won't even realize you are
    doing it anymore.

    Randy Webb, May 21, 2004