ScriptManager .NET 3.5

abcd

II have a asp.net application that using .NET framework 2.0. I use VS 2005.
I opened VS 2008 and upgraded all the proejcts to .NET 3.5. My applicaiton
has a code as below which is giving me error...any clues how to fix that...

Parser Error Message: The base class includes the field 'ScriptManager', but
its type (System.Web.UI.ScriptManager) is not compatible with the type of
control (System.Web.UI.ScriptManager).

Source Error:

Line 77: <body onload="history.go(+1)">

Line 78: <form id="form1" runat="server">

Line 79: <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager" runat="server"
ScriptMode="Release" />

Line 80:

Line 81: <div>

Source File: /Masters/Default.Master Line: 79

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

Your web.config probably is in "wrong" state after the migration. In the
project's or web site's properties change the Target .NET Framework version
to 2.0, click OK and then change it 3.5 and click OK again (then rebuold the
application). This should fix the problem if it's about web.config.

abcd

Teemu. You are genius. This is the quiest way to fix the issues. To tell you
literally I spent my whole day to fix this and read the google and tried
out...My solution has 10-015 projects...I manually set the framework to 3.5
and then rebuild and everything is working great without any issues...

I owe you a party !!!

Than ks for the help...

Cheers !