Search engine for a subset of the web

David Segall

Due to my increasingly fragile memory I decided to start a diary of
the movies I have seen <http://www.profectus.com.au/ee_films.html>. It
seemed sensible to use existing web sites for information about each
film so the diary is a table containing the date I saw the movie and
some URLs about it.

The diary would not serve its purpose if I could not use the
information I do remember to find a film so a good search engine is
essential. I do not want to copy the information from the referenced
URLs to my host. The current version uses a Google custom search
engine <http://www.google.com/coop/cse/>. I want to restrict the
search to the films I have seen so this requires adding three web
pages every time I see a film. It also fails to index my diary until
Google finds it.

Is there a free search engine I can use that will start at my web page
but will restrict its index to the first page referenced there.

dorayme

David Segall said:
Due to my increasingly fragile memory I decided to start a diary of
the movies I have seen <http://www.profectus.com.au/ee_films.html>. It
seemed sensible to use existing web sites for information about each
film so the diary is a table containing the date I saw the movie and
some URLs about it.

The diary would not serve its purpose if I could not use the
information I do remember to find a film so a good search engine is
essential. ....

Is there a free search engine I can use that will start at my web page
but will restrict its index to the first page referenced there.

Your requirements are too complicated for me - remember, I am a simple
soul who liked Poppy in Happy-Go-Lucky (2008)

But a good idea, David, to have some sort of list of what you have seen.

I got as far as a simple list of *some* of the films I have thought of
some merit with more cells meant to be added later... <g>

<http://dorayme.890m.com/movies/films.html>

I will stop at director and actors. We are but one click away to find
out more about any one film on the internet, why trouble too much. And
this table is dead easy to search anyway.