Secure FTP File Uploader Applet

Gefster

I'm currently working on a web site that will be used for transferring
large files. The users my company deals with typically upload files of
around 20-100MB but sometimes up to 700MB or a whole CD image. While a
standard SFTP client would be a good solution these users do not have
administrator right and so cannot install any software.

I thought a good solution to this would be to write an applet that
would use FTP over SSH to securly upload files to our server. I know
that with applets there is a "sandbox" effect with reguards to hard
drive access etc but this problem can be solved by digitally signing
the applet.

Unfortunatly my Java is very rusty so if anyone could give me tips,
source code examples or point me in the right direction that would be
great.

Cheers