SecurityException AspNetHostingPermission weirdness

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by JimLad, Feb 15, 2010.

  1. JimLad

    JimLad Guest

    Hi,

    I have an ASP.NET 3.5 website which references dlls for the DAL, BEL
    and BLL. Works fine on my machine and worked fine on a different test
    server.

    I am now trying to set it up on another server and getting the
    following error:

    System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type
    'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

    The other test server referenced a database on the same server - the
    new one references one on a different server. The ASP.NET app is using
    impersonation of a single account. This account is an administrator on
    the web server (for testing purposes!). The machine.config has trust
    set to the default of Full.

    Any ideas? I'm confused! One further thing to point out is that I only
    just installed .NET Framework 3.5 sp1.

    Cheers for any help,

    James

    JimLad, Feb 15, 2010

  2. JimLad

    JimLad Guest

    UNC path set in Virtual Directory, rather than Local path. Doh!

    James

    JimLad, Feb 15, 2010