seeking a framework to automate router configurations

Frank Cui

Hi Pythoners,
I'm looking for a tool or framework in which I can do a slight modificationto achieve the following task:
"Asynchronously reset a large number of cisco routers back to their original configurations and push prepared initial configurations to them"
I did find some similar existing work such as exscript and trigger, however I was stuck in the following two problems :
1. telneting to a non-default port number (other than 23)2. handling of customized banner messages.
can you give some hints on this ? Thanks in advance for your input.
Frank

rusi

Hi Pythoners,
I'm looking for a tool or framework in which I can do a slight modification to
achieve the following task:
"Asynchronously reset a large number of cisco routers back to their original
configurations and push prepared initial configurations to them"
I did find some similar existing work such as exscript and trigger, however
I was stuck in the following two problems :
1. telneting to a non-default port number (other than 23)
2. handling of customized banner messages.
can you give some hints on this ?

For the low level details (exscript/trigger) I dont know.
However for the higher level organization issues you may want to look at

1. cuisine
http://stackful-dev.com/cuisine-the-lightweight-chefpuppet-alternative

which uses

2. fabric http://docs.fabfile.org/en/1.8/

And maybe
3. tox http://tox.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

Frank Cui

Thank you guys for the input, I have determined to go with the plain old "expect" as it seems most easy to go with for this task.
Frank