Selected state not maintained on postback

Santel

Hi,

I tried to create a custom server control that displays some radio
buttons and it should postback the page on selecting the items. I
tried like below code, but on postback, the selected radio button
state is not maintained. Anyone could tell me what is missing?

public class WebCustomControl1 : RadioButtonList
this.Items.Add(new ListItem("aaa"));
this.Items.Add(new ListItem("bbb"));
this.AutoPostBack = true;

base.Render(output);

Try moving those lines from the Render event to the Init event.

Santel

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. As it is custom control class, I couldn't see
any Init event there. Could you tell me which one you are telling?

Teemu Keiski

You'd need to wire an event hander for it. Same can be achieved by
overriding OnInit method in your control.

base.OnInit(e);
//...