Selecting different ports on Tomcat

ruds

Hi,
I'm using Tomcat4.1 version for running my applications.
I have three different applications which i need to deploy on tomcat.
The port i'm using is the default port i.e 8080.
Can i have different ports for different applications?
How do i do this?

Philipp Leitner

Can i have different ports for different applications?
How do i do this?

I am not sure if this is possible using Tomcat configuration only, but
what you could do is add a number of different connectors (i.e. a
connector at 8080 for app1, one at 8081 for app2 ...) and check in
your code if the application has been accessed via the right port.

Note that this workaround has at least one major drawback: you cannot
map a single URL to more than one application, ie. you cannot have

http://myserver.com:[8080|8081|...]/

map to more than one application.

/philipp

Lew

Philipp said:
I am not sure if this is possible using Tomcat configuration only, but

Use a web server like Apache Web Server, and let it handle port assignments.

Why do you want to use different ports for different applications? Is there a
problem with using only one port?

ruds

Why do you want to use different ports for different applications? Is there a
problem with using only one port?

My applications have a lot of transactions carried on them so i want
different ports for different applications.
Thankx all for ur suggestions..
I used Conectors for different applications.

Lew

My applications have a lot of transactions carried on them so i want
different ports for different applications.

How does using different ports affect how many transactions you can carry out?