Deploy on tomcat with a name that differs from the warfile name

jaap

Hi,

I want te deploy an application on Tomcat with a name that differs from
the warfile name. According to the documentation I expected to get
http://localhost:8080/campingserver/ to react to campingserver-1.0.2.war
in the webapp folder when I have the following context.xml file in META-INF:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context path="/campingserver/">
</Context>

But this does not work, the URL is still
http://localhost:8080/campingserver-1.0.2/
Any idea how to acomplish it?

Arne Vajhøj

I want te deploy an application on Tomcat with a name that differs from
the warfile name. According to the documentation I expected to get
http://localhost:8080/campingserver/ to react to campingserver-1.0.2.war
in the webapp folder when I have the following context.xml file in
META-INF:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context path="/campingserver/">
</Context>

But this does not work, the URL is still
http://localhost:8080/campingserver-1.0.2/
Any idea how to acomplish it?

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html says:

"path
The value of this field must not be set except when statically defining
a Context in server.xml, as it will be inferred from the filenames used
for either the .xml context file or the docBase."

so I am not surprise that it is not working.

If you were using a full Java EE server you could use an ear file and
specify the path there.

With Tomcat I think the easiest solution is the low tech solution
of renaming before copying.

Arne