sending message from web to IP Address

Guest

Hi

I have like 10 clients running around the city conected via internet to a
SQL DB, when I start the win application I sent the IPaddress of each machine
and store then into the DB.
I have a Web app like a main console where I see information regarding to
each app. I want to send a message to my win applications from the Web app.

my questions are:

If I now the IPAddress of a PC running a windows client, Can I send a
message from my Web Application to that client?

How should I start?

Bruce Barker

your web app cannot talk to the winapp (unless the win app polls the site).
use sql notification services.

note: if the sqlconnection is not held open, you can not count on the
ipaddress.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

wow but holding the sqlconnection open does not sound good to me...because it
should be open all day as my app is running.