    If I now the IPAddress of a PC running a windows client, Can I send a
    message from my Web Application to that client?

    How should I start?

    Guest, Nov 16, 2005

    Bruce Barker Guest

    your web app cannot talk to the winapp (unless the win app polls the site).
    use sql notification services.

    note: if the sqlconnection is not held open, you can not count on the
    ipaddress.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Nov 16, 2005

    Guest Guest

    Ok thks, sql notification services is soported by SQL 2000?

    Guest, Nov 17, 2005

    Guest Guest

    wow but holding the sqlconnection open does not sound good to me...because it
    should be open all day as my app is running.

    Guest, Nov 17, 2005