September Meeting of the Washington, DC Area Users Group

Betty Harvey

The next meeting of the XML Users Group will be held on Wednesday,
September 20, 2006 at the American Geophysical Union (AGU) at 2000
Florida Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20009-1277. The meeting starts
at 7:00 p.m. and usually last approximately 2 hours. If attending
the meeting by Metro, get off the Dupont Circle stop and walk
north to Florida Avenue...turn right.

There is no cost associated with attending but if you are planning on
attending this meeting, please let us know so that we can give a list to
AGU management. You can register at:

http://www.eccnet.com/xmlug/meeting-register.html

September 20, 2006

Brian Williams, Senior IT Architect IBM,
IBM Software Group

IBM DB2 9: XML/Relational Hybrid Database

The DB2 Version 9 release, now generally available, features
significant new support for storing, managing, and searching
XML data. The new multi-structure hybrid architecture in DB2
combines the best of relational database management technology
with the best of XML data management support. To help you quickly
understand DB2's native XML features, this presentation will focus
on providing an overview of how IBM DB2 9 pureXML handles: XML
storage, indexing, and querying with both SQL and XQuery.

Currently we need speakers for both the technical and vendor
presentation portion of future meetings. If you would like
to give a presentation at a future meeting, please send e-mail
or call Betty Harvey (410) 787-9200. Share your knowledge and experience
with others.

Hope to see you there.

Washington Area XML Users Group Web Site:
http://www.eccnet.com/xmlug
Electronic copies of papers supplied from speakers are
available on-line.

To subscribe to the Washington Area XML Users Group mailing
list, go to http://www.eccnet.com/mailman/listinfo/dc-xmlusers.

DIRECTIONS:

From Connecticut Avenue north of AGU, make a left onto
T Street (1 block before Florida Avenue). Drive one block,
the entrance to Atlantic Garage North should be on your
right.
From Connecticut Avenue of AGU, make your first right
after Florida Avenue onto T Street. Drive one block. the
entrance to Atlantic Garage North should be on your right.

From I-66

- Continue east on I-66 to Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Bridge. This
places you on Constitution Avenue.
- Take a left on 18th Street, NW and head north. Continue north to
Connecticut Avenue.
- Turn left (North) on Connecticut Avenue to Florida Avenue.
- Right on Florida Avenue. AGU is 1/2 block on the right at the
corner of 20th & Florida Avenue.

Betty Harvey | Phone: 410-787-9200 FAX: 9830
Electronic Commerce Connection, Inc. |
(e-mail address removed) | Washington,DC SGML/XML Users Grp