Server Application unavailable error

Guest

Hi,
When ASP.NET processModel is disbled in ASP.NET 1.1, a webservice in 1.1 is
not working if a ASP .NET 2.0 Webservice is called before than this.

I am using Windows XP Professional SP2 with all latest windows patches
updated.
IIS 5.0 or IIS 5.1
VS2003 SP1
VS 2005 Beta 2 (not June CTP)

Note:
This problem works fine in Windows Server 2003 with IIS 6

Any help would be appreciated

Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN [MCSD.NET]

i think this is caused by using different framework version. Right click on
your web site see properties and check if v1.1 is selected for your 1.1 web
service in ASP.NET tab...

This should work in win2k3. Because w2k3 has the capability of executing
different versions of same file @ same time...

--
HTH

Thanks,
Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN
BSc, MCSD.NET

Guest

Thanks for your reply, Yes I have V1.1 selected in the ASP.NET tab the error
is occuring with this setting.
If I change it to 2.0 it works fine.
But we want to make it work with V1.1 selected in the Tab.(This is our
requirement), could u help on this.

-Arun

Guest

Juan T. Llibre said:
Your problem is more likely related to the fact that
Windows XP's IIS 5.1 allows only one root website
and only one website can be active at the same time.

See :
and
http://www.xoc.net/works/tips/multiple-iis-sites-professional.asp
and
http://www.firstserved.net/services/iisadmin.php

for possible workarounds.

Disclaimer : you're on your own if you attempt this.

Hi,

I am getting this error while We have Win 2003 Server and dotnet ver 1.1
(2003)
Any Solution will be appreciated :