How to resolve "Server Application Unavailable" error

Susanna

Hi,

I have a webservice running on Windows XP (IIS 5.1).
The webservice was working fine until some security patch was installed on
the system.
Now when I browse my webservice(.asmx file) from IIS, I always get the
"Server Application Unavailable" error. I have already reinstalled IIS, and
the executed the following command:

aspnet_regiis.exe -i

I am still not able to resolve this issue. Please help me to fix this issue.

The details of the error are given below:

Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser
to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific
request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server.
Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur

Event Log says:
Failed to execute the request because the ASP.NET process identity does not
have read permissions to the global assembly cache. Error: 0x80070005 Access
is denied.

Note: IIS is configured to ASP.NET Version 2.0.50727.0

Regards,
Susanna

UT-BadBoy

Try these two possible solutions:

navigate to the v2.0.50727 folder and run these commands in the
command prompt
1) iisreset /stop
2) aspnet_regiis -u
3) aspnet_regiis -i
4) iisreset /start

if that doesn't work navigate to the Temporary ASP.NET Folder and
remove all folder contents
ie :%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files
\

Hope that helps.

Kevin