Server Application Unavailable - VS 2005 Web Service

Michael C#

Hi all, I've installed VS 2005 Beta 2 on a Windows XP Virtual PC. I can
create Windows apps and they work just fine. In IE I get this error when
try to run a .NET 2.0 Web Service on the local IIS installation (I'm trying
to call it from IE using a line like the following -
http://localhost/HouseOfReps/HouseOfReps.asmx):

Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser
to retry your request.
Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific
request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server.
Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

In the Application event log I get this additional warning information:

Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50215.0
Event ID: 1073

Failed to initialize the AppDomain:/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT

Exception: System.NullReferenceException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace: at
System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager
appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory
configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)
at
System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironment(String
appId, IApplicationHost appHost, HostingEnvironmentParameters
hostingParameters)
at
System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironmentAndReportErrors(String
appId, IApplicationHost appHost, HostingEnvironmentParameters
hostingParameters)

And I also get the following error:

Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50215.0
Event ID: 1088

Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created.
Error: 0x80004003 Invalid pointer

I've searched the MS Website and the Internet and can't find much about this
on .NET 2.0. VS.NET 2003 is not installed on this VPC installation, just VS
2005 Beta 2. Anyone have any ideas what might be going on here?

lagear

Hi, i had the same problem...i was trying to test HOL for WSE 3.0 and i've installed it on c:\documents and settings\..... and i cant run the Web Service, so I read about this problem on INET and view a post about it is a problem of NTFS permisions, because c:\documents...has especial permision. So i try to change the permision of my folder where i've installed my WS and change it, to Read to account ASPNET IUSR_XXXX and IWAN_..... and IT WORK.

so you must to view where your WS has deployement if your WS is in other folder that doesnt it wwwroot you most to change NTFS permision.

Cheers.

Sorry for my english :)