Server Error in '/' Application.

junkmanuk

Hi,

This has been posted many times, but no solutions I've found so far
have helped!

I'm getting this message from my ASP.NET app:

The application has been running fine for months, yet at 12:30 last
Saturday it upped and died. We've tried rebooting the server, checking
permissions on directories, removing temporary asp.net files... nothing
has worked.

Can anyone help me as I'm going nutso over this one!

Thanks,
Dave

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error
file required to service this request. Please review the specific error
details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: File or assembly name compdb, or one of its
dependencies, was not found.

Source Error:

Line 256: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices,
Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 257: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile,
Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 258: <add assembly="*"/>
Line 259: </assemblies>
Line 260:

Source File:
c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config
Line: 258

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to
determine why the assembly 'compdb' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = compdb
(Partial)
LOG: Appbase = file:///D:/inetpub/wwwroot/CompDB2
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private,
custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: compdb
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
Files/root/97e27cf4/cecc314a/compdb.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
Files/root/97e27cf4/cecc314a/compdb/compdb.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///D:/inetpub/wwwroot/CompDB2/bin/compdb.DLL.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private,
custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: compdb, Version=1.0.2256.26175,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Newbie

Is it serving anything ?, if you put an test.html file in the directory will
it server this ?

Michael Hamrah

Does compdb mean anything? Did you try re-registering asp.net with
IIS? Does compdb.dll exist where it should? Look at what could be
referencing compdb.dll and make sure it's okay. Something could be
locking the dll and preventing a copy from occuring correctly- this
could leave an outdated dll which is referencing a dll it shouldn't,
which throws the error.