session expiration message

Brian Henry

Is there anyway to when the users loggin session expires (we have it set to
expire after 15minutes of no usage) show a "session expired" message page
when they try to navigate the site after it did?

Hans Kesting

Brian said:
Is there anyway to when the users loggin session expires (we have it set to
expire after 15minutes of no usage) show a "session expired" message page
when they try to navigate the site after it did?

As part of the login-process, set some specific session variable
( Session("isLoggedin") = true; ). On every page, check for
this variable. If it is there, fine. If it isn't, then either
the session has expired or it's a "new" user, and you can show
that message.

Michael

Hi Brian..

Add this to Page_Load

Response.AppendHeader("Refresh", Convert.ToString((Session.Timeout * 60) +
10) & ";URL=timeout.aspx")

Guest

I was using this method with success until just this morning. IT STOPPED
WORKING!! Does anyone know if the latest microsoft patch effected this? I
no longer see the Meta Tag Refresh in the source of the page when it's
rendered. And to be honest I never really looked before since it worked like
it was supposed to.

HELP!!