Set a icon to a web application

ruca

Hi,

I would like to set an different icon, than explorer icon, to my web
application. When we visit a web page, usually in address bar appears IE
icon before the address. What I want is to substitute that icon to another,
like happens when we visit, for example, http://www.codeproject.com .
How can I do that?

Jos

ruca said:
Hi,

I would like to set an different icon, than explorer icon, to my web
application. When we visit a web page, usually in address bar appears
IE icon before the address. What I want is to substitute that icon to
another, like happens when we visit, for example,
http://www.codeproject.com .
How can I do that?

This has nothing to do with ASP.NET, it's just a feature in Internet
Explorer.

You only have to provide an icon with a specific format and name
in the root of your website.

For more information, do a Google search for "favicon".

Cor Ligthert

Hi Ruca,

You are right, when you delete the cache from IE 6.0 it is gone. However
that is in my opinion an IE bug. It is with all favicons. I thought that in
Mozilla and Netscape it stays.

I made a mistake it has to be favicon instead of favorite as others wrote,
sorry for that.

Cor

Hans Kesting

Cor Ligthert said:
Hi Ruca,

You are right, when you delete the cache from IE 6.0 it is gone. However
that is in my opinion an IE bug. It is with all favicons. I thought that in
Mozilla and Netscape it stays.

I made a mistake it has to be favicon instead of favorite as others wrote,
sorry for that.

Cor

A tip: look for the utility FavOrg, it downloads all favicons for your
favorites and preserves them outside of the browsercache.

Hans Kesting