Set ASPNET Version for Virtual Directory from C# App

Guest

I am writing a C# Windows Application that will create virtual directories on
our Win 2003 server machines. Using the System.DirectoryServices
DirectoryEntry class I have had very little trouble remotely creating and
configuring virtual directories on our servers. My problem is that I have
not found a way to remotely configure the version of ASPNET that will be used
by the application running in the virtual directories I create. We have a
mix of Web applications that require either version 1.1 or 2.0. The only way
that I have found to manipulate ASPNET setting, other than doing it manually
through IIS Manager, is with the ASPNET_regiis.exe tool, which must be run on
the machine that is serving the virtual directory. Is there any way to set a
virtual directory's ASPNET version remotely?

Mike

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> The only way that I have found to manipulate ASP.NET setting, other than doing it
!> manually through IIS Manager, is with the ASPNET_regiis.exe tool, which must be
!> run on the machine that is serving the virtual directory.

Right...

re:
!> Is there any way to set a virtual directory's ASP.NET version remotely?

Not that I know of.