Set readonly property on cell level in a datagridview

Patrik

Hi,

I have a datagridview column that will contain both editable and
non-editable values. I have set the columns readonly property to true. I
then use the AddRows event to check the value of an hidden column and if
that is false i set a specific cells readonly property in the column to
false.

My problems is that this do not open a specific cell for editing but seems
to open all cells in the column. Is it not possible to have some cells in a
column to override the columns readonly property?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hello Patrik,

As for the "DataGridView" control, do you mean the DataGrid or GridView
control? I'd like to confirm that you're using either of the two ASP.NET
template databound controls.

According to your description, you want to make a certain column(multiple
rows) in the GridView control have different editable status for each row
of that column, correct? If so, here are some of my understanding and some
questions which need your confirm:

** For the Readonly property of GridViews' columns, when you set it, it
will be applied to all the rows of that column, therefore, this property
can not be used to adjust individual cell(of a certain column)'s visibility
or edit mode.

** Since you want some rows of the column to be editable, how do you add
the edit UI/tempalte? Do you define two templates(ItemTemplate and
EditTemplate) or simply define only one template(ItemTemplate) and put
different control according to whether that row is editable?

** Is the "AddRows" event the "RowCreated" event of GridView? If so
what's your current code logic in it?

I would be helpful if you can provide us some code fragment to demonstrate
your current implement so that we can perform research on this.

Please feel free to post here if there is anything I missed.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

ications.

Patrik

I am sorry, I just realized that I have posted this in the wrong newsgroup.
I am working with the windows forms datagridview using C#.

/Patrik

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your reply Patrik,

If so, you can post the question in the following newsgroups which would be
helpful for you to get the quick and proper response:

microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms.controls

Also, if you meet any ASP.NET issues, welcome to post here :)