Setting up ASP not ASP.NET security on Web Application

Jeremy Smith

I would like to set up our web application to use something similar to
web.config in ASP.NET to allow or deny user or groups. Does anyone
have any recommendations? We current use the OS NTFS permissions and
would like to get away from that.

Jeff Cochran

I would like to set up our web application to use something similar to
web.config in ASP.NET to allow or deny user or groups. Does anyone
have any recommendations? We current use the OS NTFS permissions and
would like to get away from that.

There are some canned ASP components that will do this, might check
ASPIN.com for some. Otherwise, you get to write your own. Which is
why Windows authorization exists in the first place. :)

Jeff