shelve: choice of database package

Ajay

hi!

i am using shelve in a piece of code i have. The code originally used
'bsddb' but the Berkeley DB library isn't present on my platform (WinCE).
It says in the library reference that "The choice of which database package
will be used (such as dbm, gdbm or bsddb) depends on which interface is
available".
now i can say its not using bsddb (since its not present). Is there a way
of telling which package it is using?

thanks

cheers

Alex Martelli

Ajay said:
hi!

i am using shelve in a piece of code i have. The code originally used
'bsddb' but the Berkeley DB library isn't present on my platform (WinCE).
It says in the library reference that "The choice of which database package
will be used (such as dbm, gdbm or bsddb) depends on which interface is
available".
now i can say its not using bsddb (since its not present). Is there a way
of telling which package it is using?

See the whichdbm module in the standard library.

Alex

Alex Martelli

Michael Hoffman said:
I think you mean whichdb?

Yep, tx for the correction (I keep misspelling it on each of the rare
occasions I use it, too...!!!).

Alex