Shopping cart AspNetSqlProfileProvider

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by dcawkwell, Aug 30, 2010.

  1. dcawkwell

    dcawkwell Guest

    Hello,

    I am new to asp .net programming and have been using the book ASP.net
    3.5 for dummies.

    I had the shopping cart on chapter 18 working it seems to use a class
    to store cart items using a profile but now I am getting an error. I
    show the error and the entry in web.config.
    Any ideas what has changed on my system to stop this working. I did
    install SQL Server 2008 on my PC but the website code is straight from
    the book downloaded and not changed.

    A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while
    establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or
    was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that
    SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL
    Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance
    Specified)

    Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-
    related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a
    connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not
    accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL
    Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL
    Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance
    Specified)

    Source Error:

    Line 22: Public Overridable Property ShoppingCart() As
    ShoppingCart
    Line 23: Get
    Line 24: Return
    CType(Me.GetPropertyValue("ShoppingCart"),ShoppingCart)
    Line 25: End Get
    Line 26: Set
    ------------------
    web.config entry

    <profile enabled="true" defaultProvider="AspNetSqlProfileProvider">
    <properties>
    <add name="ShoppingCart" type="ShoppingCart"
    serializeAs="Xml" allowAnonymous="true"/>
    </properties>
    </profile>

    <anonymousIdentification enabled="true"
    cookieless="UseCookies"
    cookieName=".ASPXANONYMOUS" cookieTimeout="100000"
    cookiePath="/" cookieRequireSSL="false"
    cookieSlidingExpiration = "true" cookieProtection="None"

    dcawkwell, Aug 30, 2010