    replaced as well as majorly increasing the size of my file. Is there any
    way to display the spaces used to indent the lines without manually writing
    a function to do it? Thank You.

    Nathan Sokalski, Jul 2, 2004

  2. Nathan Sokalski

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    Yes. First, don't post to so many groups. This isn't DHTML or an ASP
    component. It doesn't involve the HTML object model, and isn't
    related to the SDK's. It's not even server side, so the ASP group is
    also technically out. In fact, none of the groups you selected are
    actually appropriate.

    Look at the <pre></pre> tags in HTML. Google for a reference if you
    don't understand them, or repost in a HTML group.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jul 2, 2004

  3. Please only post to one newsgroup. You'll find that it makes life easier
    for everyone.

    David C. Holley, Jul 2, 2004
  4. What about making long lines wrap around? Some lines in code (such as HTML
    tags with a lot of attributes) will be too long to fit on one line, but the
    PRE tag prevents text wrap. Based on the website I usually use as a
    reference, the width attribute (which sets the maximum characters in a line)
    is deprecated, but it does not state what technology is used in it's place.
    I can use it, but I prefer not to use deprecated attributes. Any ideas?

    (I apologize for sending to multiple newsgroups. I tend to do that because
    some groups are rarely used, I don't always know which group is the precise
    one I want, and I don't want to subscribe to ALL newsgroups. I will do my
    best to lessen this habit)

    Nathan Sokalski, Jul 2, 2004
  5. Nathan Sokalski

    AStr Guest

    Use <pre> tag or, if the whole your page is just text,
    assign "text/plain" mime type to it.

    HTH

    AStr, Jul 2, 2004
  6. Nathan Sokalski

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    Plenty. But again, it's not an ASP issue. It's a client-side display
    issue. Try a client-side HTML group for solutions.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jul 2, 2004
  7. Nathan Sokalski

    McKirahan Guest

    Write a function to only replace only the leading spaces of each line using
    a regular expression.

    McKirahan, Jul 5, 2004