Simple ASP problem?

bcap

Hello,

I am a newbie to IIS and a rookie webmaster. =P I just installed IIS
and am trying to copy an Intranet to my local machine.

I have saved the files in my wwwroot folder. The code is classic
ASP. For some reason when I open the pages I am getting the "Page
Cannot be Displayed Error Message".

What is interesting is some of these .ASP pages are strigaht HTML, so
if I change the file extension to be .HTM it will work file, but hwen
it is .ASP I get ther error.

For example:

This will work: http://localhost/SiteHeader.htm
This will NOT: http://localhost/SiteHeader.asp

I know this might be vague, but anyone have any ideas why this might
happen?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

bcap said:
Hello,

I am a newbie to IIS and a rookie webmaster. =P I just installed IIS
and am trying to copy an Intranet to my local machine.

I have saved the files in my wwwroot folder. The code is classic
ASP. For some reason when I open the pages I am getting the "Page
Cannot be Displayed Error Message".

What is interesting is some of these .ASP pages are strigaht HTML, so
if I change the file extension to be .HTM it will work file, but hwen
it is .ASP I get ther error.

For example:

This will work: http://localhost/SiteHeader.htm
This will NOT: http://localhost/SiteHeader.asp

I know this might be vague, but anyone have any ideas why this might
happen?

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2476

If you are not using IIS6, then tell us what error you are getting. You
may need to turn off Friendly Errors to see the actual error message:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109