simple coding question

akos91

i've gotten pretty rusty on html coding, and i've forgotten quite a bit
my problem seems to be a simple one, but i cant remember and figure ou
how to fix it.

I'm working on a site for a school project, and I've become stuck a
this point.

site is here: http://www.noammo.org/index2.html

I have a bunch of tables set up and content in them, but the conten
always stays in the middle of the table. I have a navigation bar to th
left, and as you can see (where the four missing pictures are), th
pictures are in the middle of the table. I want to make it so they ar
at the top.

the basic coding is that I have a table encompassing the middle conten
of the page, then a table column on the left containing the navigatio
table. to see the source just go to view source in your browser. if yo
want me to post it just ask.

thanks

akos9

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Andrew Cameron:
Although the text of the page I agree with 100%, I just have to
laugh at the "this page is sponsored by AffordableHOST" bit, whose
site uses... wait for it... tables for layout! Hehehe.

Yes. Why can't that be in a tastefully small footer line - 85% - at
the bottom of the pages. Or only on the main page.

Maybe it's a coding misteak.

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

Andrew Cameron said:
Although the text of the page I agree with 100%, I just have to laugh at the
"this page is sponsored by AffordableHOST" bit, whose site uses... wait for
it... tables for layout! Hehehe.

Oh god...not tables. *gasp* I should probably just take my whole site
offline and crawl off and die somewhere. :p

You know what else? My site doesn't validate, doesn't use alt tags very
well and probably doesn't display as intended on some browsers. Take a
pill...you'll feel better about it. ;-)

--Tina

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
Quoth the raven named Andrew Cameron:

Yes. Why can't that be in a tastefully small footer line - 85% - at
the bottom of the pages. Or only on the main page.

Maybe it's a coding misteak.

Maybe we host the site 100% free, because I believe it serves a very good
purpose, and the site owner is trying to say "Thank you"?

--Tina

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Tina:
Maybe we host the site 100% free, because I believe it serves a
very good purpose, and the site owner is trying to say "Thank you"?

I'm pretty sure we all knew you were hosting it for free, and that's
commendable. The fact remains that the chosen plug takes up a fair
chunk of valuable real estate above the fold, and would look better as
a line in the footer. Even a specially colored line would be fine.

Someone else mentioned this a couple of weeks ago.

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
Quoth the raven named Tina:

I'm pretty sure we all knew you were hosting it for free, and that's
commendable. The fact remains that the chosen plug takes up a fair
chunk of valuable real estate above the fold, and would look better as
a line in the footer. Even a specially colored line would be fine.

Someone else mentioned this a couple of weeks ago.

I think the idea is to send us as much traffic as possible, as a way of
saying "thanks for helping us out". Which I, in turn, very much appreciate.

If someone else was sponsoring the site, I might be inclined to say "Jeez,
that's a bit petty of you to slam on Allmyfaqs, who's offering you a site at
no charge that apparently has helped you, regarding their sponsored ad...and
taking pokes at their sponsor as well." But, since we're sponsoring it...I
won't. ;-)

--Tina

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Beauregard T. Shagnasty scribbled in the mud:
Quoth the raven named Tina:

I'm pretty sure we all knew you were hosting it for free, and that's
commendable. The fact remains that the chosen plug takes up a fair
chunk of valuable real estate above the fold, and would look better as
a line in the footer. Even a specially colored line would be fine.

Someone else mentioned this a couple of weeks ago.

What's your problem anyway. Do you even know who's idea it was to tell
who was hosting the site? There's a very good chance that Tina had
nothing to do with putting it there. Get your facts before you bitch.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Duende:
While sitting in a puddle Beauregard T. Shagnasty scribbled in the
mud:

What's your problem anyway. Do you even know who's idea it was to
tell who was hosting the site? There's a very good chance that Tina
had nothing to do with putting it there. Get your facts before you
bitch.

I never said Tina put it there or even requested it, and assumed the
site's author did the work. I'm not upset by the information, only
that the placement is a bit odd.

William Tasso

Tina said:
not tables. *gasp* I should probably just take my whole
site offline and crawl off and die somewhere. :p

no that's reserved for site owners that lie and cheat. a severe thrashing
will do.

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

William Tasso said:
no that's reserved for site owners that lie and cheat. a severe thrashing
will do.

I am SO tempted to top-post. :-D

--Tina