simple link disabling on current page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by jonefer, Feb 2, 2007.

  1. jonefer

    jonefer Guest

    Steve C Or has an article 'Automating Navigational Chores'--- .
    (which, don't get me wrong-- it's really nice, but I can't use the colorful
    panels for my business solution)

    Can someone help me remove the reference to the panels and just create
    simple Text hyperlinks?

    ===Code=====

    'loop through each child node

    'and create a hyerlink to the page.

    For Each Child As SiteMapNode In SMN.ChildNodes

    pnl.Controls.Add(New LiteralControl("&nbsp"))

    If Child.Url.Length > 0 AndAlso _

    SiteMap.CurrentNode.Url = Child.Url Then

    'if the link is to the current page

    'then don't display a hyperlink

    pnl.Controls.Add(New LiteralControl("<b>" & _

    Child.Title & "</b>"))

    Else

    'display a hyperlink to the page

    Dim h As WebControls.HyperLink = _

    New WebControls.HyperLink()

    h.NavigateUrl = Child.Url

    h.Text = Child.Title

    h.ToolTip = Child.Description

    pnl.Controls.Add(h)

    End If

    CreateIcon(Child, pnl)

    pnl.Controls.Add(New LiteralControl("<br/>"))

    Next

    My site has a 'Member search' page and an 'Appointments' page... basically
    these - so far are the only links that I want to use a 'SiteMapPath' (bread
    crumbs) with.

    There are 2 other pages, a 'User Admin' and 'Control Panel' that I don't
    mind manually writing code to hide them.

    But I built a master page, and would like to use the SiteMap to determine a
    simple solution to disable the Member Search page - "FindMember.aspx" (which
    is also the home page) only show the Appointments link.. and Visa Versa (show
    the Member search link) when on the Appointments page.

    jonefer, Feb 2, 2007