Single Quote Problem in Excel to Export

Prasad Dannani

Hi,

We have to export our data in sql server table to any excel sheet. We have a
template to export, using oledb we are inserting rows to this template and
generating the excel output.

The problem here is we are getting a single quote extra in front of each
cell. can anyone help us in clearing this kind of an issue.

we tried sending some static strings to some columns on for taking from sql
server eventhen we are getting the same

Its Urgent, Please reply ASAP,
Prasad Dannani

Prasad Dannani

Its C# Code. copy template to some folder and then read it by using oledb
with parameters nothing else.

Prasad Dannani

We tried all possible combinations and finally able to find that the problem
is there in the excel template i specified the cells format type to text
then it worked properly.

Paul Clement

¤ Hi,
¤
¤ We have to export our data in sql server table to any excel sheet. We have a
¤ template to export, using oledb we are inserting rows to this template and
¤ generating the excel output.
¤
¤ The problem here is we are getting a single quote extra in front of each
¤ cell. can anyone help us in clearing this kind of an issue.
¤
¤ we tried sending some static strings to some columns on for taking from sql
¤ server eventhen we are getting the same
¤

This is normal behavior from the Excel ISAM driver when it has to determine the data type of the
source. As you've determined, it isn't an issue if the columns in the destination Excel Worksheet
are defined prior to the export.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)