sip.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_AsWideChar

Andreas Hinzmann

Hello!

I am trying to install PyQt3 and I have the following problem:
from qt import *
gives the the following error:
/.../python2.5/site-packages/sip.so: undefined symbol:
PyUnicodeUCS4_AsWideChar

I have installed the following software:
qt-x11-free-3.3.6
Python2.5
sip-4.7.6
PyQt-x11-gpl-3.17.4
QScintilla-1.71-gpl-1.7.1

I have also tried to configure python with --enable-unicode=ucs4, but it
didn't help.

Does anybody have an idea, what is the problem? Is it a conflict between
different versions?

Thank you in advance,
Andreas

Alan Franzoni

Andreas Hinzmann was kind enough to say:
I have also tried to configure python with --enable-unicode=ucs4, but it
didn't help.

But it should. try printing sys.maxunicode from your interpreter; if it's
2^16, then the interpreter is ucs2. If it's something more than 10 ^ 6,
it's ucs4.

--
Alan Franzoni <[email protected]>
-