Slow load time for asp pages, Visual Sudio, local server

Zerogos

I'm using Visual Studio 2005 Standard edition with Vista.
Trying out a few simple asp.net apps, using Visual Studio's built in Web
Server, its taking 1 minute 35 secs to load the first page.
This seems a long time. Is this normal or is it a Vista problem?

Tried out same page on my laptop using Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
Edition, local server, XP Professional.
First load was 9 seconds, subsequent loads 1 second

SilentCry

Zerogos said:
I'm using Visual Studio 2005 Standard edition with Vista.
Trying out a few simple asp.net apps, using Visual Studio's built in Web
Server, its taking 1 minute 35 secs to load the first page.
This seems a long time. Is this normal or is it a Vista problem?

Tried out same page on my laptop using Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
Edition, local server, XP Professional.
First load was 9 seconds, subsequent loads 1 second

wow, what are the odds? 2 consecutive posts regarding the same topic.. let
me know if you figure something out.

Zerogos

Hi,

Great news. Disabled all my Explorer Add-ons, "Tools/Manage
Add-ons/Enable or Disable Add-ons ". Solved the problem. I will try and
find out which Add-on was causing the trouble.