SMS Gateway(Java Programming)

Joined
Aug 14, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I currently doing a java program on SMS Gateway where we can send and receive SMS using the GSM modem. We could send SMS from the website that is control by our admin. Once our admin send the broadcast question to registered users. We also set a specific format to our receive sms. Then the registered users can reply back answer to us. Then if the reply is in the correct or wrong format, we will send an auto reply. Now, my problem is the gateway sometimes jammed because it have to handle both receiving and sending sms at the same time.

I planned to use queue method(Linked List) to queue up the sms.I plan to queue the sending sms first before the gateway process the receiving sms.

I currently stuck with this.I tried using the following code:

Queue<SMSMessage> smsQueue = new LinkedList<SMSMessage>();
public void run() {
while(true) {
// peek at the head of the queue, but don't grab it
Object pull = smsQueue.peek();
SMSMessage enqueued = null;
// grab the head of the queue
if (pull!=null) {
enqueued = smsQueue.poll();
System.out.println("Enqueued successful");

//send the message here
String num = enqueued.getPhoneNo();
String msg = enqueued.getMessage();

Please help me:-(...thanks alot..