Soap::RPC::Driver Question

Wes Shaddix

------=_NextPart_000_0097_01C5DAFD.70A352E0

How do you make the soap client send utf-8 encoded instead of ascii encoded
requests?

How do you keep the request serialization from including the data type of
each element?

For example, from a .net client, a working request looks like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

- <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"

- <soap:Body>

- <ContactSave xmlns="http://inovaware.com/prism/">

- <contact>

<ContactKey xsi:nil="true" />

<ContactID />

<NamePrefix />

<NameTitle />

<FirstName>WesTest</FirstName>

<LastName>ShaddixTest</LastName>

<NameSuffix />

<Pronunciation />

<JobTitle />

<Company />

<AddressLine1 />

<AddressLine2 />

<City />

<MailRegion />

<MailCode />

<Country />

<WorkNumber />

<FAXNumber />

<HomeNumber />

<MobileNumber />

<PagerNumber />

<EMailAddress />

<BirthDate xsi:nil="true" />

<Login />

<Password />

<ModifyCount>0</ModifyCount>

</contact>

</ContactSave>

</soap:Body>

</soap:Envelope>

The same code in ruby generates a request (which fails) like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="us-ascii" ?>

- <env:Envelope xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"

- <env:Body>

- <n1:ContactSave xmlns:n1="http://inovaware.com/prism/"
env:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">

- <contact xsi:type="xsd:anyType">

<ContactKey xsi:nil="true" />

<ContactID xsi:type="xsd:anyType" />

<NamePrefix xsi:type="xsd:anyType" />

<NameTitle xsi:type="xsd:anyType" />

<FirstName xsi:type="xsd:string">WesTestFromRuby</FirstName>

<LastName xsi:type="xsd:string">ShaddixTestFromRuby</LastName>

<NameSuffix xsi:type="xsd:anyType" />

<Pronunciation xsi:type="xsd:anyType" />

<JobTitle xsi:type="xsd:anyType" />

<Company xsi:type="xsd:anyType" />

<AddressLine1 xsi:type="xsd:anyType" />

<AddressLine2 xsi:type="xsd:anyType" />

<City xsi:type="xsd:anyType" />

<MailRegion xsi:type="xsd:anyType" />

<MailCode xsi:type="xsd:anyType" />

<Country xsi:type="xsd:anyType" />

<WorkNumber xsi:type="xsd:anyType" />

<FAXNumber xsi:type="xsd:anyType" />

<HomeNumber xsi:type="xsd:anyType" />

<MobileNumber xsi:type="xsd:anyType" />

<PagerNumber xsi:type="xsd:anyType" />

<EMailAddress xsi:type="xsd:anyType" />

<BirthDate xsi:nil="true" />

<Login xsi:type="xsd:anyType" />

<Password xsi:type="xsd:anyType" />

<ModifyCount xsi:type="xsd:string">0</ModifyCount>

</contact>

</n1:ContactSave>

</env:Body>

</env:Envelope>

Any help is most appreciated.

------=_NextPart_000_0097_01C5DAFD.70A352E0--

NAKAMURA, Hiroshi

Wes Shaddix

What is iconv and uconv? Also $KCODE = 'UTF8' before creating the soap
client didn't change the encoding to UTF-8, it is still us-ascii

Also, more importantly, how can I change the namespaces that ruby uses to
define the soap envelope and body? I need it to change the namespace name
from 'env' to 'soap'

Thanks so much for helping out. I'm getting really close to getting this to
work which will allow me to introduce ruby as a viable language for our
company.