SOAPpy / WSDL help... please

sberry

I have an Adobe InDesign server running that includes a built-in SOAP
server. The wsdl is located here:
http://www.seanberry.com/IDSP.wsdl.

I have a PHP example that looks like this for calling the SOAP
function runScriptParameters

$scriptArgs = array();
$scriptArgs[] = array("name" => "myVarName", "value" => "myVarValue");
$scriptArgs[] = array("name" => "myVarName2", "value" =>
"myVarValue2");
$runScriptParams = array( "scriptFile" => "/some/path/to/file.jsx",
"scriptArgs" => $scriptArgs, "scriptLanguage" => "javascript");
$scriptData = array("runScriptParameters" => $runScriptParams);
$client = new SoapClient("IDSP.wsdl", $proxy_settings);
$returnedValue = $client->RunScript($scriptData);

This works fine and produces the following as its output XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/
envelope/" xmlns:ns1="http://ns.adobe.com/InDesign/soap/">
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:RunScript>
<runScriptParameters>
<scriptLanguage>javascript</scriptLanguage>
<scriptFile>/some/path/to/file.jsx</scriptFile>
scriptArgs>
scriptArgs>
</runScriptParameters>
</ns1:RunScript>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Now I am writing a client in Python and have tried the following:
#!/usr/bin/python

import SOAPpy

url = "./IDSP.wsdl"

wsdlObject = SOAPpy.WSDL.Proxy(url)
SOAPpy.Config.debug = 1

scriptArgs = []
scriptArgs.append({"name":"myVarName", "value":"myVarValue"})
scriptArgs.append({"name":"myVarName2", "value":"myVarValue2"})
runScriptParams = {}
runScriptParams["scriptFile"] = "/some/path/to/file.jsx"
runScriptParams["scriptLanguage"] = "javascript"
runScriptParams["scriptArgs"] = scriptArgs

result = wsdlObject.RunScript(runScriptParameters=runScriptParams)
print result

This errors out and shows the following as the XML.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema" <SOAP-ENV:Body>
<RunScript SOAP-ENC:root="1">
<runScriptParameters>
<scriptArgs SOAP-
ENC:arrayType="ns1:SOAPStruct[2]" xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array"
xmlns:ns1="http://soapinterop.org/xsd">
<item>
<name
xsi:type="xsd:string">myVarName</name>
<value
xsi:type="xsd:string">myVarValue</value>
</item>
<item>
<name
xsi:type="xsd:string">myVarName2</name>
<value
xsi:type="xsd:string">myVarValue2</value>
</item>
</scriptArgs>
<scriptLanguage
xsi:type="xsd:string">javascript</scriptLanguage>
<scriptFile xsi:type="xsd:string">/some/
path/to/file.jsx</scriptFile>
</runScriptParameters>
</RunScript>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This looks wrong first off because of the RunScript node, but also has
those extra "item" nodes for the scriptArgs instead of each being a
scriptArgs node. Can anyone help? I really need to get this working
and would appreciate any pointers anyone can give.

THANKS!!!

sberry

I have an Adobe InDesign server running that includes a built-in SOAP
server. The wsdl is located here:http://www.seanberry.com/IDSP.wsdl.

I have a PHP example that looks like this for calling the SOAP
function runScriptParameters

Sorry, I meant that I was trying to run the SOAP function RunScript...
not runScriptParameters like I posted previously.

Thanks for any help.