Socket Support When Compiling Python 2.3.5 On Cygwin

tom

I compiled Python 2.3.5 from source on my Cygwin machine (XP), and I got
the following error when I tried to initialize Zope:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/Zope-2.7.7/lib/python/ZEO/runzeo.py", line 42, in ?
import socket
File "/opt/Python23//lib/python2.3/socket.py", line 44, in ?
import _socket
ImportError: No module named _socket

Apparently, Zope depends on the
$PY23_HOME/lib/python2.3/lib-dynload/_socket.dll, and this file doesn't
exist on my system. What do I need to do to make sure that this file will
be created with I compile Python 2.3.5?

The really weird thing about this is that I also compiled Python 2.4 on
this system, and the socket files were created. What's different about
2.3.5?

Thanks in advance!

Tom Purl