Solaris experimental ver. on WinXP

hthukral.mickey

hi.
u know ,some of collegues have Solaris experimental version on their
windows desktop ...
Would it b of any help or better support for nay ease in programming
methodologies ..as bug fixing prob. can b handled easily..
i don't have any idea ..
plzz ...help me out ...any if anyone using like this ?????

thanks

Daniel Dyer

hi.
u know ,some of collegues have Solaris experimental version on their
windows desktop ...
Would it b of any help or better support for nay ease in programming
methodologies ..as bug fixing prob. can b handled easily..
i don't have any idea ..
plzz ...help me out ...any if anyone using like this ?????

thanks

This is the single most incomprehensible posting I've seen on this group.
Please at least make an effort to write properly, it will help you get
answers to your questions (apologies if English is not your first
language). If I had to take a guess, you want to know how to run Solaris
on a Windows PC? Try VMware. Not sure how this is relevant to Java
programming.

Dan.

Oliver Wong

hi.
u know ,some of collegues have Solaris experimental version on their
windows desktop ...
Would it b of any help or better support for nay ease in programming
methodologies ..as bug fixing prob. can b handled easily..
i don't have any idea ..
plzz ...help me out ...any if anyone using like this ?????

thanks

By "collegues", do you mean "colleges", i.e. places where you attend
classes, or "colleagues", i.e. people whom you work with in a professional
setting? Anyway, I guess it isn't really relevant to the question, except to
guess at your situation.

Anyway, assuming this is a Java question (because you're posting in a
Java newsgroup), in theory the OS you use shouldn't matter, and your Java
programs should behave similarly under all platforms. So just use the OS
you're most comfortable with. Or if you're job-seeking, use the platforms
that you think will impress the interviewers the most.

For the second part, I haven't seen an OS itself which "supported
programming methodologies". Any support comes from the tools you use, and I
believe both NetBeans and Eclipse are the most popular Java development
tools, and they are themselves written (mostly) in Java, and so they should
be available on most platforms.

- Oliver