SP1 installation fails

JJ

I posted the following question on the Visual studio newsgroup but did not
get any response.....Hopefully somebody must have worked on this.

I downloaded Visual Studio 2005 SP1 via Microsoft Updates. For both my
development server (WIN 2003 Server with SP1) and my personal computer (WIN
XP Pro with SP2), the installation fails. I have a plenty of hard-drive
space.....

What is the problem? Any help would be appreciated...

sloan

Total guesses , but:

Make sure you don't install from a network drive.

Don't "nest" the install files.

C:\direc1\ is a good place to put them.

c:\folder1\folder2\folder3\folder4\folder5\folder6\folder7 is not a good
place to put them.

Make sure you have plenty of Harddrive space. Temporarily move all those
mp3 files to antoher computer until after the update.

Those are hints. I don't know if they'll work or not.

Well, I do know not having enough space will wax you.