Specify user for Azman/ADAM role manager

Bais

I'm using ADAM for storing roles and users in my .Net application. However I
have an authentication problem. For the ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider I
can specify which user/pw the ASP-application should use when connecting to
ADAM. Is it possible to also specify a user/pw for the
AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider used for storing roles in ADAM (and for use
with AzMan)?

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

hi,

for roles the current value of Context.User.Identity.Name is used.

Bais

Is there anyway to set the username and password for the rolemanager in
web.config as is done using the connectionUsername and connectionPassword for
the AspNetMembershipProvider?

Regards

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hi,

sorry - i misunderstood you...

no - i don't think so - the identity of the worker process is used.This account
has to have the necessary rights in the store.

Bais

Ok.

I configured ASP.NET 2.0 to use ADAM as a membership store by using the
ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider and as a role store by using the
AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider (followed the "how to use adam for roles in
asp.net 2.0" article).
There is a problem though. When I open the web configuration tool i can add
users and groups. But whenever I try to manage a group or click edit roles on
one of the users i get an invocation target exception. I guess this is due to
some misconfiguration, but I can't figure out what is wrong. The ADAM
instance is running on a remote computer, and I'm running the ASP.NET app
locally.

Do you have any suggestions to what might be wrong?

Bais

When I try to use roles programatically I see that the invocationerror
contains:
The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057
(E_INVALIDARG))