AzMan Role provider

need2scuba

I am using AzMan in an ADAM store and have configured the activedirectory
membershipprovider and AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider. I am getting the
following error when performing Role functions on a user (e.g.
Roles.GetRolesForUser):

The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057
(E_INVALIDARG))

I am having no problem authenticating as the user, but I cannot query or
update roles. The weird part is that it works fine for accounts which were
created using Adamsync (synced with active directory); however if I create
the account manually it fails. I have compared a working account and
non-working account and cannot find any noticable difference.

Any thoughts?

need2scuba

UPDATE:

I just realized that it seems to be only testing against active directory
accounts. I actually removed a ADAM user object from ADAM that had been
synced from Active Directory. I then ran GetRolesForUser(removedAcccount)
and it still worked and return roles. So some how it (AzMan provider) is not
looking to ADAM users as the source of users, but rather to Active Directory.
The box on which ADAM is installed is a domain member server.

What have I missed in setup?