SSL: DECRYPTION_FAILED_OR_BAD_RECORD_MAC

tade.ankur

hei ,

I am a newcome to Python.

I am trying to create a python script which will connect to an SSL URL and using the HEAD request will get the status of URL.

For one the link I am getting following error

[SSL: DECRYPTION_FAILED_OR_BAD_RECORD_MAC] decryption failed or bad record mac (_ssl.c:589)

I am using python on windows.

Following is the code snippet

def checkURLStatusSecure(testhostname,urlsinatest):
global conn, url, res

for url in urlsinatest:
conn = HTTPSConnection(testhostname,'443')
conn.request('HEAD', url)
res = conn.getresponse()
print('|***https://' + testhostname + url + '| %s | %s |' % (res.status, res.reason))
res.close()
conn.close()

Any idea why I am gtting the above mentioned error.

Any help will be appreciable

Python version in 3.4

Dave Angel

hei ,

I am a newcome to Python.

I am trying to create a python script which will connect to an SSL URL and using the HEAD request will get the status of URL.

For one the link I am getting following error

[SSL: DECRYPTION_FAILED_OR_BAD_RECORD_MAC] decryption failed or bad record mac (_ssl.c:589)

And why do you omit the rest of the error?

[...]

Hei Dave,

Thanks for taking your time and replying.

I am getting only the mentioned on the command prompt. Is it possible set some traces and get more information about the errors.

Regards

Ankur