SSL FORM POST with Client Certificate from ASP.net

Aung

I have a class written to perform FORM POST with Client Certificate and it
works fine with Windows Appication.
But, I am having trouble using it from ASP.NET application and everytime i
am getting "connection cannot be established" error.

Any help?

Aung

Here is the code of my FOR POST class.

//************************************

public class CertPolicy : ICertificatePolicy
{
public bool CheckValidationResult(ServicePoint sp, X509Certificate cert,
WebRequest request, int problem)
{
return true;

public class myclass
{
public byte[] str2ByteArray(string str)
{
byte[] barr = new byte[str.Length];
for (int i=0; i<str.Length; i++)
{
barr = Convert.ToByte(str);
}
return barr;

public string postData(string url, string postData)
{
string retStr="", tempStr = "";
HttpWebResponse result = null;
try
{
HttpWebRequest req = (HttpWebRequest) WebRequest.Create(url);
req.Method = "POST";
req.UserAgent = "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET
CLR 1.0.3705)";
req.ContentType = "application/xml; charset=utf-8";
//req.Headers.Add("charset","utf-8");
req.ContentLength = postData.Length;
req.KeepAlive = true;
req.Timeout = 5000;

X509Certificate myCert =
X509Certificate.CreateFromCertFile(@"c:\ccer.der");
X509CertificateCollection x509 = req.ClientCertificates;
x509.Add (myCert);
req.ClientCertificates.Add(myCert);
ServicePointManager.CertificatePolicy = new CertPolicy();

byte[] postBytes = null;

if (postData != null)
{
myclass mc = new myclass();
postBytes = mc.str2ByteArray(postData);
req.ContentLength = postBytes.Length;
Stream newStream = req.GetRequestStream();
newStream.Write(postBytes, 0, postBytes.Length);
newStream.Close();
}
else
{
req.ContentLength = 0;
}

result = (HttpWebResponse) req.GetResponse();
Stream ReceiveStream = result.GetResponseStream();
Encoding encode = System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding("utf-8");
StreamReader sr = new StreamReader( ReceiveStream, encode );
Char[] read = new Char[256];
int count = sr.Read( read, 0, 256 );

while (count > 0)
{
tempStr = new String(read, 0, count);
retStr += tempStr;
count = sr.Read(read, 0, 256);
}
retStr.Trim();
}
catch (Exception e)
{
retStr = e.Message.ToString();
}
finally
{
if ( result != null )
{
result.Close();
return retStr;

Subra Mallampalli

Hi Aung,

Move the code that performs the post to a serviced component. Configure the
component to run under the account which has installed the client
certificate. It should work fine.

Subra

Norman Headlam

Aung:
Apply the ASP.NET hotfix (v1.0 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=817854).
There is a hot fix for v1.1 and Windows 2003 as well.
Then give the ASPNET account access to the store with a tool like
winhttpcertmgr. With this approach you do not need to create a service
component.

Hope that helps, if you need more help just drop me a line. I have a doc on
the issue as well.

Thanks,

Norm.