Standard way to accomplish production / development switch

kellygreer1

Hi group,

If I have written some web services with about 20 methods. Each one of
these methods uses a standard dev database connection. As I move this
Web Service to production, I would like to offer the ability for
clients to hit the production or development databases. I'd like the
client to be able to pass this extra info so it could decide which
connection to use.

Is there a way to do this without adding a variable to each one of the
20 methods?

I guess there are a number of approaches... but none of the thoughts I
had seem standard or WS* standard. I need something that would also
work well with non-Microsoft SOAP clients also.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Kelly Greer
(e-mail address removed)