"Static" python program

Daniel Frickemeier

Hi,

I have a strange problem.

I´m developing a small python-program wiht the mysql-python-module.
The program should run on a server without any mysql-installation.
Is there any posibility to "kompile" a python with static libaries?

thanx
Daniel

Pink

Daniel said:
Hi,

I have a strange problem.

I´m developing a small python-program wiht the mysql-python-module.
The program should run on a server without any mysql-installation.
Is there any posibility to "kompile" a python with static libaries?
MySQL distributions (at least on Linux systems) are usually split into
server and client packages. If you install the mysql-client package on the
server, you'll have all you need (libs and stuff) to access a remote server
- without the mysql server itself.
Not sure about the windows, although I would guess that the installer let's
you choose which parts to install (client libs/tools, server or both).

Stephen Thorne

I´m developing a small python-program wiht the mysql-python-module.
The program should run on a server without any mysql-installation.
Is there any posibility to "kompile" a python with static libaries?

Sure, have a look at cx_Freeze or py2exe. both are tools that allow
you to create an executable without dependancies.

Stephen.