std_logic_vector on a single pin

unlikeablePorpoise

Is it possible to cause std_logic_vector inputs to be assigned to a
single pin? I have a 308 bit word as input and the synthesizer always
assumes that this will be on separate pins. This exceeds the pin count
on the FPGA and I am unable to run timing simulations. Does anybody
know of a way around this?

Thanks,

James

Pascal Peyremorte

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
Is it possible to cause std_logic_vector inputs to be assigned to a
single pin? I have a 308 bit word as input and the synthesizer always
assumes that this will be on separate pins. This exceeds the pin count
on the FPGA and I am unable to run timing simulations. Does anybody
know of a way around this?

Thanks,

James

Hello James,

How this 308 bit data will be inputed into your device ? Not in parallel
way of course ! So, why do you wants to implement it as parallel input ?

Implement its input (ie serial or successive 32 bit loading) and you
will be able to simulate both its loading and uses.

If you wants to simulate only its usage, implement it as internal signal
and use reset to load a predefined value.

Pascal